DRIFT STRATEGY
My drift strategy was to draw a circle on a map of Milwaukee. =)
Once I get there, I walk to my right until I reach a streetlight that's GREEN means keep walking straight or RED meaning stop and flip a coin. Tail is to go LEFT and Head is to go RIGHT.
Recording 1
Location
11/8/11
10:27AM
Running time: 59 seconds
Mp3 Wav Aiff
Recording 2
Location
11/8/11
10:30pm
Running time: 1:21
Mp3 Wav Aiff
Recording 3
Location
11/8/11
11:02pm
Running time: 59 seconds
Mp3 Wav Aiff
Despite the fact that it was raining and windy as ever, I manage to made some recordings and the one that really stand out to me was recording #2 just because I felt like it was just a simple recording of cars moving around me, passing from left to right. I just hold each of the microphone as I stretch it apart from one another, capturing the sounds of car tires running against the wet cement steadily and also recording engines of motor vehicles that passed by.
The experience was decent. After all the recording was done and heading back home I seriously do see a huge difference between the sound of where I live compare to downtown. Of course there is a huge difference in the sound and visual image, but I always adore downtown and wanted to explore there. But this experience made me realize that my affection towards it grew more than before. To be able to bring a piece of that place that I felt connected to back home is...cool! Now I can listen to the recordings and dream about getting out of where I live now and having a life there one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment